Sunday, July 27, 2008

There's Just No Pleasing Some People

I've become frustrated with my realtor and this house which has become a millstone around my neck. So I put an ad in on Craigslist listing it for sale or lease last night. This is after I spent $63 putting it in the local paper (with no results). This morning I get a response from a lady who is relocating here from Spain with her family and she'd like to look at the house this week. She also wanted to know if there was a lease option available.

So I'm all excited and I email my agent. Did I get a, "THAT'S GREAT!" No. I got, "Have you talk to the bank and your new lender about this?" No, I haven't talk to the bank since I gave her authority to negotiate with them and yes, I was told that as long as I lease it close to the mortgage payment, the new lender doesn't care. Talk about a buzz kill. Jeez. I'm just trying to help out and I get smacked in the head.

Keep in mind, I have had no offers, about a half dozen showings, and no open houses in the nearly 3 months it's been on the market. Oh and the appraisal for the house I'm under contract for came in at $20k UNDER their asking price. Having re-signed the contract three damn times due to the sellers, I feel confident in saying that they aren't going to lower their asking price even though they sent the appraisal back for review.

So here I am, two weeks out from the new school year (which was my target move date) without a buyer but with a possible lessee and she's giving me shit. Don't get me wrong. She's a nice enough lady. I just think she isn't being aggressive enough.

4 comments:

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

She's pissy because a lease means no commission, I'm guessing.

God bless RE Agents. They make so much work for our tribe.

Anonymous said...

That was my thought too, no commission. wah, cry me a river!

Anonymous said...

Agree with the above - she saw her winter ski vacation go swirling down the drain.

Deadman said...

She sounds like she isn't being aggressive enough, depending on the market there, but that doesn't explain why the last two comments make any sense. In the first place they work on commission so yeah, I wouldn't be turning cartwheels were I her but if she cared enough about that commission she'd be more aggressive so maybe she's just a moron?