Friday, July 11, 2008

Dish of the Day

So my sister suggested I pick the guy who played Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility. Unfortunately, he's dead so it doesn't count. Unless, of course, she's referring to this version. At any rate, it's too complicated for my little brain so I'm moving on to my next choice: Ralph Fiennes (pronounced Ray Fines). Who the hell is he, you ask? Amon Goeth in Schindler's List, Count Laszlo de Almasy in The English Patient, Charles Van Doren in Quiz Show, and Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter. And apparently a very naughty boy if the rumors are to be believed...









4 comments:

Deadman said...

pronounced Ray Fines.

Actually, the English pronunciation is "Raif" to rhyme with "waif".

As in Ralph Vaughan Williams:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Vaughan_Williams

I can see the attraction. Don't anybody read more into that than is there...

Folly said...

I've seen it pronounced "Ray" and "Raif."

Anonymous said...

I've heard it mostly as "Raif"...hell, I don't care what he's called, 'cause if I ran into him in public, it's not like I'd be doing much but hyperventilating and drooling on myself anyway.

Folly said...

Everyone's a critic. Jeez.