Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jose Cuervo, You Ain't No Friend of Mine

So on my sister's last night here, we decided to make Pineapple Margaritas. I got the recipe from the lady who sold me my new bedroom set after I told her why I was buying a new bedroom set. The recipe calls for 2 cups of Cuervo Gold, 2 cups of Triple Sec, 1 cup of lime juice, and 1 cup of pineapple juice. So we made this concoction and started drinking them from the margarita glasses I have.

I now understand that whole, "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor," joke because after the first couple of glasses, we thought, "Hey this is pretty good." About the time we finished the first pitcher, I got the idea of getting a trunk I had upstairs to use as a coffee table. All this is going on while we're watching, "Pride and Prejudice." So we run upstairs, grab the trunk, and start back down stairs. Apparently, I was going too fast because my sister started giggling and dropped her end of the trunk. On my wrist. I thought I had broken it but I'm happy to report that it's doing well. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did to my elbow, though.

My sister then decides she needs another drink and her friend makes another pitcher, thus finishing off an entire bottle of tequila and triple sec. I don't remember how many glasses we had of that one. My sister suddenly announces she has to throw up and she's off to the bathroom. After she's done, she announces she's going to bed thus breaking up the party.

The next day, none of us can function. General consensus was it was like getting hit in the back of the head with a two by four. Sis spent every hour praying to the porcelain god. I took a shower sitting on the floor of the shower. When I opened my eyes, I realized I was sitting on the drain and water was filling the bottom of the shower. So I spent the day in bed due to that little adventure combined with the back and neck spasms from all the stress I'm under. Meanwhile Sis and her friend had to make the 12 hour drive home. Hamster, I couldn't even drive to the store without having to lay back down. I have no idea how they did it.

Anyway, that has cured me from alcohol for awhile. I don't understand how people can do that night after night.

2 comments:

Deadman said...

Praying to the porcelain god...fun times!

Holy hamster! After almost twenty years I'm damned if I can understand how I even did it ONCE, much less night after night...

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Ta-kill-ya will, if you give it the chance.