Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Monday

Yes, I know. Master of the obvious. I came home from work today at noon because my joints hurt from the 12 hours of rain we had plus all the physical labor I did over the weekend. As I was driving home, I drove past not-yet-ex-spouse's place of business and noticed it was closed. Now, it's never been closed on Monday before.

I was talking to my sister on the phone at the time who said, "Maybe he killed himself." Yeah, we're kinda blunt that way. I said, "Oh that'd be great. Then I'd be his widow and have to take care of more crap. In that case, his brother can haul the carcass off and figure out what to do with it."

Anyhow, I found out from a little bird who was in the neighborhood that Sparky has changed his Monday hours to 4pm-11pm. I guess he needs that much time to recover from his Saturday night drunk fest. Or maybe his girlfriend is wearing him out....HAHAHAHA. I crack myself up.

Then I decided to take a nap. It would have been a really good nap had the phone not rang off the blasted hook. I finally got up about 30 minutes ago and checked voice mail. EVERY ONE of those calls was some bill collector looking for that deadbeat. Oh except the supposed non-profit looking for a handout. Apparently, Chrysler hasn't repo'd the car yet but they'd really like to talk to him. So chances are he's hiding it at the girlfriend's house along with the motorcycle.

All I can say is I'm glad they're looking for him and not me. I just wish they'd quit calling my house.

3 comments:

Deadman said...

I just wish they'd quit calling my house.

Can't you inform them that he no longer lives there and future calls will be considered harassment?

That works here.

Folly said...

Yep. Which is why the next time they call, I'm giving them the pub number. It worked for Discover.

Deadman said...

Give them the number of his pastor too. In case they want to talk about WHY the bills aren't getting paid...