Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday's WTF?

Yeah, yeah, it's late but it's still Friday and I've had a bad week. So sue me...hahaha, legal humor. Anyway, here's a list of stories from this week that had me scratching my head.

1. Oil Prices. One guy at Morgan Stanley is responsible for driving up the price of oil $11. One guy. All he had to say was, "Oil will be $150/barrel by July 4th." Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. I hope they all go broke and have to beg for change.

2. Hubby was Bored With Sex Life. I've been following this case because it's so damn sad. Apparently, Neil Entwistle, the Brit who murdered his wife and 9 month old daughter before fleeing back to the UK, was cruising sex sites and setting up trysts before he decided to kill his family. So I guess picking up floozies on the side was getting to difficult or what? Sleazebag. Too bad they don't have the death penalty in Taxachusetts.

3. Clint Eastwood: Spike Lee "should shut his face." Proving why I like him and why I wish he'd lose his mind and run for President, Clint Eastwood responded to Spike Lee's accusation that Eastwood left out black soldiers in Flags of Our Fathers.

Lee's comment: "There were many African-Americans who survived that war and who were upset at Clint for not having one [in 'Flags' or 'Letters From Iwo Jima']. That was his version: The negro soldier did not exist. I have a different version," Lee said recently at the Cannes film festival in France.

In response, Eastwood told the Guardian: "A guy like him should shut his face."
"He was complaining when I did 'Bird' [the 1988 biopic of Charlie Parker]. Why would a white guy be doing that? I was the only guy who made it, that's why. He could have gone ahead and made it. Instead he was making something else."

As for "Flags of Our Fathers," he says there was a small detachment of black troops on Iwo Jima as a part of a munitions company, "but they didn't raise the flag. The story is 'Flags of Our Fathers,' the famous flag-raising picture, and they didn't do that. If I go ahead and put an African-American actor in there, people'd go, 'This guy's lost his mind.' I mean, it's not accurate." So at least one director would rather be accurate than re-write history to be politically correct. Please, please, run for President. We NEED you.

4. And proving there are still idiots in Hollywood....Angelina Jolie Bitches About the Lack of Black Disney Princesses. Angelina Jolie — mother to a 3-year-old Ethiopian daughter — is upset that there aren't any black Disney princesses.
"There still isn't a Disney princess that's African and it's very difficult because our daughter's getting into princesses right now and it upsets me," she told OK! Magazine.
(Can't you hear the whine?)

Um, okay, you ran off with another woman's husband, you're having a multitude of kids out of wedlock with your boyfriend, and have adopted foreign kids to make you look good and this is all you have to whine about? God, I can't stand this woman.

5. Edukashion is fundimentel...Proving why our public education system in this country is a freakin' joke, a Cleveland-area high school issued diplomas with the word "education" spelled as "educaiton." Our tax dollars at work.

6. Carbon Offset Chocolate. Billed as, "candy with a conscience," this is so stupid I can't even comment. Just click the link.

7. The Apocalypse is Nigh. Obama said something I agree with. Shoot me now. He pissed off the Palestinians by saying that Israel has a right to Jerusalem and it shouldn't be divided. Here, here. Of course, when Abbas, et al got pissy about it, he started backpedalling like mad because he's a Dem and can't stick to his guns.

1 comment:

Deadman said...

#7 - Obama's speech to AIPAC was a calculated move to woo Jewish Democrats. It doesn't reflect his true feelings or he would have said all that early on instead of waiting until the nomination was in the bag. I wouldn't worry about Obama saying something you agree with he didn't. It's just lip service.

#1 - I went ballistic when I herd this on the way home yesterday. Someone needs to be punched in the face.

#3&4 - Clint for president - yeah!
AJ should stick to what she does best - looking doable in movies.