Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fun in the Country, Part II

So where was I before the idiot had my Internet interrupted? Oh yeah. Day 2 was Memorial Day and really, I can only remember going to Wal-Mart in Fayetteville, TN where I found that nifty do-it-yourself dental kit. Then it rained. A lot. We sat around on the porch and drank. A lot.

On Day 3, we went to my sister's friend's house where I saw the Mecca of dressmaking and spent a good 30 minutes looking through a book on the history of fashion. The book taught me:

A. Our sense of fashion these days sucks; and
B. I am very easily entertained.

After that, we went to the fine town of Lynchburg which revolves around the Jack Daniels Distillery. Jack Daniels as far as the eye can see. Oh not the liquor itself as it's a dry county but everything you can stick the JD name on is available including a pool table and bar sets made out of barrels. I bought "Tipsy Cake" which is a cake that is soaked in Jack Daniels AFTER it's baked. That was after we had lunch at this cool BBQ restaurant where I feasted on a pulled pork sandwich. We wandered around in all the stores until 4 pm which is apparently when Lynchburg closes.

We went back to the farm and got hammered on rum and cokes. I vaguely remember sending BiW about 4 emails, the contents of which I do not remember and then we harassed my sister's ex-husband on IM. Surprisingly, I did not wake up with so much as a headache. Not bad for being out of practice. I did, however, hurt my ankle going down the hill to where I was staying because it was dark, I was drunk, and the hill was steep.

Tomorrow: War Trace, Bell Buckle, and the Moon Pie Festival.

4 comments:

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Don't worry. They went to the Imperial Shredder...nothing to stay awake at night worrying about that way.;-)

Deadman said...

where I found that nifty do-it-yourself dental kit.

I think i need more clarification on this. you didn't mistake a 1/2" drill for a dental tool in a drunken stupor, did you?

Anonymous said...

Now THAT sounds like my kinda vacation!

And: WTF? The JD Distillery is in a dry county?

*calls travel agent to cancel trip*

Deadman said...

They serve lemonade to tourists at the distillery.

Yeehaw.