Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fun in the Country, Part III

On Wednesday, my sister decides to take me on a field trip to various local towns which I thought sounded like fun. The first stop was Manchester where we went to Beans Creek Winery. I bought a bottle of Syrah and a bottle of Black Raspberry Rapture as well as a cheese plane.

Next we went to the thriving metropolis of Wartrace, primarily to find a store called the Blockade Runner. Apparently, they don't want anyone except locals finding it because we found it by accident after turning down a road and following it for like 5 miles. I was going to buy this little number but then I couldn't really justify $80 for something no one will see.

Down the road apiece from Wartrace is Bell Buckle. Bell Buckle is home to the annual RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival. Someday, I hope to be the Moon Pie Queen. Hey, we all have dreams. Anyway, they have this great restaurant called the Bell Buckle Cafe where we again had BBQ sandwiches. They also had on the menu Grits Cake and a Moon Pie Sundae. No, we did not have either. After lunch, we went into the various antique shops and picked up a few knick knacks that neither of us really needed but wanted anyway. I even found a Three Stooges sign that said, "The Law Firm of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe."

After all that, we headed back to the farm as we were going off to Gatlinburg the next day.

4 comments:

Deadman said...

If I pass the hat and buy the corset, will you take pics and let us see??

How does a cheese plane fly?

KurtP said...

So,,,that wasn't Folly modeling it?

Folly said...

Nope. I'm not blonde. :)

Deadman said...

Man, that gal has some righteous...cleavage.

:oD>