Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pet Peeve of the Day...Deadbeat Ex-Husbands

My deadbeat ex-husbands owe me money and I haven't seen a dime from either one. My babies' daddy has again decided that child support is optional while Spud McKenzie owes me $15k for running out on me. Jeez, the first only has to pay $257/month (for two kids) and the second only has to pay $400/month. They can't come up with that? I'm sure that's less than what they spend on booze.

I'm ready to sit them both in a room together and have a come-to-Folly session with them. Here's what I would say:

"Listen up. First, I'd like to say that part of this is my fault. It's my fault because I married a pair of self-absorbed, Mommy-obsessed losers who can't get their shit together. However, be that as it may, you two owe me money. I don't care if you have to start collecting cans for cash or hold a fundraiser like Jerry's kids but you're going to start fulfilling your obligations. I know that sounds scary as it requires you to behave like an adult. However, fun time is now over. Pay up or we go to court and I'll be an even bigger bitch than the two of you think I am."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At some point, can't they be jailed for not paying child support? Or no?

Folly said...

Yes, if the State wants to pursue charges.