Monday, September 22, 2008

Crap-Ass Mood

Time for me to rant about various things. Yes, I like to bitch. It's a genetic defect. Anyway here's what has me in a mood today:

1. My f&*king knees hurt. I don't mean a little achy. I mean they F*&KING HURT. Like amputating my legs above the knees is starting to sound good. These g*&damn stairs suck. Oh and I've already heard it from my sister who told me not to get a house where all the bedrooms are upstairs but I like most members of my family, I don't listen. I finally had a Remicade treatment today for the first time since April and I always hurt more right afterward which is like adding insult to injury.

2. My children. Jeez if I'd been this mouthy to my mother, I'd gotten bitched slapped (and did on a few occasions) for the effort. However, I don't because: A) They send you to jail for that now; and B) I hurt so much that it really would hurt me more than them.

3. The election. Kudos to NBC and SNL for being the tackiest people on the planet. Their opening skit, written by Democratic Senate candidate and supposed comedian Al Franken, suggested Todd Palin has incestuous relations with his daughters. NICE. Dollar says we won't see the same inference regarding Obama and his kids. The Dems have really outsleazed themselves on this election. Let's send the trash-mongers a message in November and give McCain-Palin a landslide.

4. Money. I've discovered I have a problem. I like to spend money. A lot. After I realized how much money I like to spend (generally on other people), I decided to put us on a budget. Oh, no. I really mean it 'cause this being broke between paydays is sad and pathetic.

5. Home Buyers. I showed my home to this middle age couple yesterday (read late 50's). Why they need house this big is beyond me. What did THEY bitch about? How crappy the painting was (Gee, thanks did it myself) and the carpet. What Ozzie and Harriet don't understand or care about is the fact that the list price is now BELOW what it cost to build AND $30,000 below the appraisal. F*&k I'll throw in the paint but the carpet is your problem.

I swear if I had the money, I'd just chuck everything and flee to a small island somewhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 - I saw that skit, and even as we were watching it I was incredulous, mumbling that it was a new low. Not only disgraceful, but not even slightly funny (and I can usually find the dark humor in anything). However, since the Democratic Party doesn't produce SNL, it's the writers who should be taken to task for it, along with the producer who allowed it to air. I would never, ever vote for McCain/Palin, but I certainly did not need this little comedic jewel to, what, strengthen my resolve, I guess? Uh, no. Bad call, NBC and SNL. Really bad call.

When you head for your island, please give me an hour to pack. :-)

Folly said...

Agreed. Except Al Franken supposedly wrote the skit and he is a Democrat candidate for Senate. The producers should be taken to task for allowing that kind of drivel to be aired. And yeah, I'd say the same thing if they did it with Obama and his daughter. However, it's well known what side of the political aisle the writers and producers of SNL fall.

Okay, I'll spot you an hour.

Anonymous said...

If Franken wrote that skit, he should be publicly shamed. I'd never vote for him, either, though, even if it were an option.

I gotta say, though, the "bitch is the new black" skit a few months ago by Tina Fey was freakin' HILARIOUS.

I don't care who they skewer, as long as it's *fair* and actually funny. :-)

Folly said...

Speaking of which, you MUST read, "Bitter is the New Black," by Jen Lancaster. I thought you wrote it.