Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What I Want

So as I sit here in the frozen tundra, freezing my ass off and wondering if the snow/sleet/freezing rain will ever stop (bite me, Al Gore), I took a minute to read some articles over at Big Hollywood (in between reading a deposition transcript and writing a Daubert motion).

Big Hollywood is the conservative side of Hollywood as opposed to say....Matt Damon, who thinks Bill Kristol is an idiot. This would be the same Bill Kristol who graduated with honors from Harvard and also has a PhD in government from Harvard. The same Bill Kristol who taught at the Kennedy School of Government. I believe Damon went to Harvard once to film a movie with that guy who's married to Jennifer Garner.

Anyway, the two noteworthy articles I looked at today was one by Gary Graham on abortion and another about how Ashley Judd said that, "it's so nice to be living in America again." I'm not sure where the hell she was living before but she said this at some-pro abortion party. At any rate, I'm not going to turn this post into an abortion issue but I will say that Gary Graham's article was different. Why? Because as a self-proclaimed drug user and womanizer, Mr. Graham has paid for more than his fair share of abortions. This is a view from the other side. I applaud him for his self-reflection on the issue.

I said last week that I was going to ignore the Obama Administration. I've changed my mind. These people are not only nuts but dangerous. Nancy Freakin Pelosi thinks that by funding more "family planning," it will stimulate the economy. Reading between the lines, more abortions =less people being born=less strain on the economy. Where the hell did she get the idea that over-population is the source of the recession. Nancy, please for the love of God, take an economics course.

Then Obama goes on Arab TV citing his Muslim background and relatives, practically a taboo issue during the U.S. presidential campaign, and said in the interview, which aired Tuesday, that one of his main tasks was to communicate to Muslims "that the Americans are not your enemy."

"He's different from the previous presidents, perhaps because of his color or his Islamic background. My views of America are different now than they were during the Bush administration," said Youssef Ali, 45, who works for the Iraqi Electricity Ministry in Baghdad.

"What I told him is start by listening, because all too often the United States starts by dictating," Obama told the interviewer

Remember when bringing up his Muslim background incited allegations of racism and lying? Having dealt with Muslims in the Army and understanding their culture, what this really means is that Obama is telling them that he is one of them. Scared yet?

Then there's the economy. The crap-ass economy that Obama is just now getting around to and the, "stimulus package," that is apparently so full of pork it should have Jimmy Dean written on it. Here's what Senator Jim DeMint has to say, "the Obama administration will “create crisis and widespread panic” just like its predecessor in order to get Congress to act expeditiously.

“I’ve been around long enough to know whenever someone tells me I have to make a decision right now, my response is no,” DeMint said. “That clears it up right away and I think more and more the Bush administration and now this administration knows that they’re not going to get a quick reaction out of Congress unless they create crisis and widespread panic. And that’s going to be their M.O. to get Congress to act.”


Oh and then there's Jon Stewart who said that Rush Limbaugh's criticism of Obama was treason. However, it was perfectly acceptable for him and other Hollywood idiots to criticize Bush for 8 years. Amazing how the 1st Amendment only applies to certain people.

What all this leads to is: I want my country back. Oh not the one of the last 8 years. I want baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet. I don't want political correctness. I want to say someone is an idiot without getting sued or shot. I want my kids to be able to play outside without some pervert kidnapping one of them. I want men to act like men and women to act like women. Ladies, don't fool yourselves. We aren't any more equal than we were 50 years ago. The only difference now is that we HAVE to work because we never know when our spouse will decide he didn't mean the marriage vows. Schools need to get back to teaching and not indoctrination. I want the country our ancestors fought and died for at Bunker Hill, Gettysburg, and Omaha Beach. I'm tired of being dragged down the road to ruin by politicians who don't really care about any of us (regardless of the party). I want the place that immigrants came to because it was city upon the hill.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus

THAT'S what I want.

2 comments:

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Actually, the crisis-for-easy-governance bit goes back to Woodrow Wilson and FDR, who both learned that they could get away with damn near anything as long as they could convince the American People that there was an immanent crisis and "Action Must Be Taken!!!"

Anonymous said...

THAT'S what I want.