Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why Men Suck

Well since I haven't actually been dumped, merely neglected, I thought I'd revise this post. Here's what happened:

1. Get a call from former spouse's ex-wife on Thursday. Her attorney says 100% chance the idiot is going to jail. In that case, would I please pick up my former step-son and hold him until she can travel the 6 1/2 hours to my house. I, being an absolute mental case, agree.

2. Yesterday morning. Get a call from ex-spouse's ex-wife. Ex-spouse is going to jail for 6 months or $17k, which ever comes first. Could I please go pick up her kid at high school. She also says that he may be combative because he doesn't like me due to the garbage Dad has spewed.

3. I call the boyfriend. Tell him what's up. Can he please go to school with me. No, says he. Busy at work. However, he "has my back."

4. Go to school. Junior doesn't want to talk to me or leave with me. Calls his mother and tells her he hates her guts and hopes she burns in hell. Prior to him showing up, counselor shows me a piece of paper in which the counselor wrote down that he didn't want to go with me because I, "slandered them." He wants to go with friends. Mom says no. He calls his grandmother and finds out that she's paid the $17k. Mom insists he has to stay with me until his dad comes and gets him.

5. After 1 1/2 hours at the counselor's office, Skippy and I leave to go by my work to pick up my stuff so I can take him to my house. The whole way he's talking about how he went with a friend of his dad's to the big field with all these guys and they got to shoot every manner of weapon currently manufactured. We get my stuff and I take him home.

6. The kids are happy to see them and they play for awhile. I open my first beer. It is 2:30 p.m. Boyfriend calls. I tell him I'm stressing out. He tells me to punt it back to them (how, I don't know). I ask him to please stop by on his way home from work. He agrees. Skippy calls a friend to come get him. I tell him he can't leave.

7. I am into my 2nd or 3rd beer, I forget which. I offer to get them McDonald's. I am getting numerous calls from Skippy's mom who is stressing out. I come back, wondering why the boyfriend hasn't shown up yet.

8. At 6:15 p.m., I get a text message from boyfriend that he sent at 5:30 stating that his mother is having a crisis and he must go to her. He promises to call. I text back that so was I and I guess I know where I rank.

9. At 7:30 p.m., Dipstick calls his son to tell him he's out the T-bar motel and on his way to the pub to check on things. He says he'll be by to pick him up at 9:30.

10. Still no word from the boyfriend. At 8 p.m., I tell Skippy to call his dad and ask if I can bring him to the pub. Dipstick agrees.

11. Take Skippy to the pub. Dipstick comes out and comes to my window where he thanks me and says he's going to sit down on Sunday and figure out what he owes everyone so he can start paying them back. Of course, I'm not buying it. I go home.

12. Saturday. Still no word from the boyfriend. I'm getting more and more upset and the day goes on. Finally at 1:15, I get a text that says, "I want you to know I love you but I had to see the parents and get out of town for awhile to clear my head." I text back, "WTF is wrong? Are you dumping me or what?" Then tell him how hurt I am. Get another text from him at 2:30 that says, "Not trying to hurt you or dump you. Will call you later. Love you." I finally get a call from him at 6 pm this evening and he's all, "Why do you always think I'm trying to dump you?" To which I respond with, "Gee, cause you disappeared and I haven't heard from you?" Apparently Mom is a co-dependent schizoid who has panic attacks and Dad can't or won't deal with it. However, he never answered my question about why he had to clear his head. He only said he wasn't dumping me, he loved me, blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, I can't take this shit. The last guy that left without an explanation I ended up divorcing.

No comments: