Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why GM Sucks

I went looking at cars over the weekend. I went to one of the big Chevy dealers in town, whose owner has pimped out his daughter to do the ads for him. Her moniker is, "Dad'll Do It!" Anyway, after 2.5 excruciating hours at the dealer, I.M. Scrotum, the car salesman, tells me my Jag is only worth like $4k and that I needed to come up with $2700 to close the negative equity. He then tells me he'll call me Monday with the final numbers.

Monday, I'm sick so I don't answer the phone. I.M. Scrotum calls and tells me he needs $3k then sends me a follow up email saying the same thing. I responded by telling him that for another $500 I could buy a $350k house on a golf course. Here is his actual response:

u gonna park a beat up Jag in front of a $350k home? (probably not.....I`m sure it has a 3 car garage!) WHO, even needs a home like that! How does a one time $500 cost, buy a home like that? Well may be you can save $1500 this week and come back a few days before the next check and have the total amount? I just cannot hold a check for more than a week.

I was so pissed I damn near went down there and grabbed I.M. Scrotum by his namesake. Obviously, if this is how GM dealers treat potential clients, it's no wonder why they can't sell cars. Asshole. I'll keep my crappy Jag, thank you very much.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog entry is a good example of treatment common @ GM car dealerships.

Also, the comments to this blog are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yes GM sucks, they build crap, rip off and insult what buyers they do have and Oh Yea, rob the American Taxpayer who By The Way- are mostly Non-Union workers, GM and UAW go to China since most of the parts are made there, and you GM lovers, ask your GM buds why Hummer being sold to a China firm, you guys suck! GO TESLA!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GM Sucks and so does the goverment for giving them 40 billion, with a market cap of 500-700 million per year it will only take them about 200 years to repay it, feed hungry kids in America, forget the Unions!

Anonymous said...

I did not read it. But definitely, GM sucks. Actually, it does not suck. It is junk!

Anonymous said...

OK, the last time I owned a GM car was back in 1995. After I got rid of it and went Japanese (i.e. Honda or Toyota) I realized that foreign cars are a much better buy for the money. GM cars are way overpriced. GM cars are shitty and not worth the money. So in essence people say "buy american" Well soon enough every GM vehicle will be foreign made. I'll stick to quality with a REAL foreign vehicle

Anonymous said...

GM Does suck! Is anyone here old enough to remember the EV1 and how GM threw that under the bus? Shame on anyone for even thinking of buying a GM automobile now. GM deserves to go bankrupt.

DD said...

Did You Know ? Gm LOST A "DEXCOOL" CLASSACTION LAWSUIT WITH APPROXIMATELY 33 MILLION CLAIMANTS. But Before It Paid Out It Filed CH. 11. IT COVERED Cars & Trucks made Between 1994-2004, GMS DEXCOOL WAS APPARENTLY EATING AWAY AT ITS CUSTOMERS GASKETS... {headgasket leaking ?} THE BEST PART IS , THAT AFTER A HEADGASKET REPAIR ETC... THE DEALERS WERE PUTTING DEXCOOL BACK IN ! THEY CLAIMED GM Manufuctkuring Didnt Tell THEM... Google Dexcool Classaction, & then decide if GM is a company really worth wasting your time with. The polar opposite = Toyota, when the headgaskets in their pickups failed, they recalled & did the Repair & Many of those pickups are on the Road Today & highly Desirable.. Gm is a proven waste of money, why waste more. & yes they are in FACT, made in Mexico. That means you Cadillac. I will give cattlecrap this much, they look great while im repairing them.

DD said...

OWN A GM CAR OR TRUCK ? GOOGLE DEXCOOL CLASSACTION LAWSUIT.Spend 10 Minutes Of Your Time & THEN DECIDE IF THIS IS A COMPANY WORTH DEALING WITH. If it is, Then i Would suggest a pre-owned GM car or truck made between 1994- 2004.
Happy Motoring ! $$$$$$

Unknown said...

The old gm cars and trucks from the 70s and 80s are vary good.