Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Woohoo, I'm Unemployed

Where the hell have I been? Good question. Glad you asked. Let's see, last week I was sailing around the Caribbean with my son, my sister and her friend. My sister paid for that so that I wouldn't go on a shooting spree.
The night before my trip, my boss called me on my cell phone to tell me they were, "letting me go," because, "the insurance company stopped paying." Due to the nature of the beast, our client's insurance company was footing the bill for defense costs. They got tired of paying.

So after nearly six years on the job, I'm canned. No offer of money or anything. Of course, after the call I'm freakin' out because I'm going on a trip I can't afford with no job to come home to. I call everyone I know boo-hooing on the phone.

Oh did I mention that I was the only over 40 with a disability single mother of the firm? The boss man tried to ease the pain by telling me that he canned the son of the office manager as well. Imagine my surprise when this fired employee gave me my box of crap today when I went to the office to turn in my key. Needless to say, I sent the boss a lovely severance package offer. As BiW told me, I know where the bodies are hidden.

So here I am. Unemployed with two kids to support, no spouse and rheumatoid arthritis. I have a better chance at winning the lottery than finding another job. I guess I need to hang out a shingle and try my luck.

The Caymans were lovely though.

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Welcome back. Fuck that job. I went out on my own after a back injury made it impossible to be hired by an employer (and I was let go "due to lack of work" BS!). Haven't looked back.