Friday, February 27, 2009

A Very Special Friday What the Hamster

Today's What the Hamster involves my current situation. Here's stuff that's happened this week that has made me say, "What the Hamster?"

  1. My Ex-Boss. Look, laying me off from my $100k/year gig was bad enough but fucking me out of my "profit-sharing" contributions and a severance package to support my children makes you a douche bag. Not to mention I now have to buy my own malpractice insurance and CLE courses. Freakin' turd. Nothing that a letter to Travelers regarding billing fraud won't cure.
  2. Xite Homes. I contracted with these douche bags to buy a house. Then I lost my job. Now they won't return my $1500 deposit that I need to put in my account. I've reported them to the BBB. Next step: Small claims.
  3. Unemployment. They're holding my check because I honestly said I can't take just any old job that comes down the pike. Jeez, it's called RA so I can't stand for 8 hours or lift 50 pounds. Rotten government workers.
  4. My Landlord. I'm in hock to him after losing my job. He finally got around to answering my, "What should we do about the lease," question I asked him a week ago. Either we modify it, or I'm out living in a box somewhere.
  5. My Car. Never buy a Jag. Seriously. The bitch costs more to maintain than Paris Hilton. Now I have a "check engine" light on that could either be the cruise control or the transmission. Regardless, I refuse to spend another time on the POS. It's going back to the bank when I file bankruptcy anyway.

No comments: