Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Boss is a Dillweed

I've been demoted. Oh I'm still an attorney. However, the bossman doesn't think I'm doing enough to earn $120,000/year (read: I'm not providing him BJs) so I've been reduced to an hourly employee. Now I'll be earning $60/hour (and being billed at $150/hour) and will only be paid on the actual hours I bill. And apparently, I'm also the only one who gets two weeks vacation per year.

Oh never mind that I'm the token single parent and have a chronic illness that has to be managed (gee, no labor law violations there). Of course, that just makes me more inclined to surf Craigs List and Ebay. I could job hunt but who's going to hire a 40+ female lawyer who is a single parent and has a chronic illness? Yes, even the legal profession engages in discriminatory hiring.

No comments: