Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So I Heard What Everyone Had To Say...

And honestly, until today, I was leaning towards just renting the place out. However, like battle, the situation changes from moment to moment. Today, it can go back to the bank. I realized that if I kept it, even to lease it, with his sorry name still on the note that he would just continue to be the giant worthless piece of hamster excrement on the planet.

Case in point: I had approximately $14k worth of hail damage to the roof. Being the dutiful homeowner (and the fact that I pay the premiums), I called the insurance company and reported the loss. Adjuster comes out, we eventually get a roofer to look at it, and eventually I get a statement showing how much it'll cost to repair. Okay. So the insurance company cuts a check for $12k in my name, dipshit's name, and the mortgage company. Because I have the most worthless postal carrier in the entire US Post Office, anything that has both of our names on it automatically ends up at the pub. Guess where the check went?

So dipshit holds on to the check for 3 weeks because he can't figure out how to cash it. Of course, I'm waiting on it to pay the roofer. My attorney finally gets a hold of his attorney and tells him to cough up the check. So I get that check back and mail it off to Citi Purgatory where it remains.

Okay, so now comes another check for $1187 but without the mortgage company on it. Guess where it end's up? In dipshit's pocket, after I notified my lawyer of the second check. When the roofing contractor, who also happens to be my neighbor, calls dipshit about it, dipshit denies knowing anything about the roof and that there was stuff going on that he didn't know about and he didn't have the money to give him. So now contractor/neighbor is threatening a lien on the property unless he gets that addition $1187. Guess who will have to cough that up? Me.

So that motherhamster has now cost me another $1,200. I know that while he's still on the note, I will continually have to put up with his grade school, white trash antics and the only way to get him off the note is to sell, refinance (not an option) or a deed in lieu. Guess which one is most likely to happen?

1 comment:

sig94 said...

This goes beyond a beating. Maiming is in order.