Monday, August 4, 2008

Gee, I Wish I Had Something to Talk About

(Edited to add: Case in point: This story.)

Other than my soap opera life. The political scene is boring the life out of me. By now, everyone in the galaxy should know that Obama is full of crap and McCain is....well....a boring old guy who can't decide if he's a conservative, moderate, or whatever. This has to be the most boring presidential year ever. I can't even watch the news anymore on it. I wouldn't care if Obama brought Stalin back from the dead as his running mate.

Maybe I've just become that jaded and bitter that I could care less who runs the country. Let's face it, could it get a whole lot worse? I mean, Obama may talk purty and promise the sun, the moon, and the stars but unless he gets the Congress to okay it, it doesn't mean squat. Just words. Same thing with McCain. The bonus about McCain is that he's less likely to want to sit down with every piss ant dictator to "talk about the issues."

Nor do I care about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's latest out-of-wedlock offspring. Did People Magazine really need to pay $14 million for photos? Talk about a couple of self-important idiots.

The one thing the last six months of my life has taught me is that the world is full of self-indulgent people. When did we, as a society, get so worthless that the only thing that matters is our next fix, be it drugs, alcohol, food, or the latest celebrity gossip. No one cares about honor, duty, obligation, or responsibility. What a sad, sad world we live in. Gee, I guess I DID have something to talk about.

5 comments:

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Well, caring about responsiblity, duty, obligations and honor gets in the way of worshipping at the cult of me. Who wants to work that hard when there is someone else who is willing to make my wants the center of their world? In such a place, mutual obligation is for suckers.

Anonymous said...

Word.

Deadman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deadman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deadman said...

You could always talk about how good AJ looks nekkid over at my site...or not.