Saturday, August 2, 2008

Should I Be Bitter?

That's a rhetorical question because I feel I've earned the right. This relates to the pub drama. A few days ago, I discovered that the wayward spouse has been hauled before the alcohol licensing people for the state. These people decide who gets a liquor license and who doesn't as well as who gets to keep it.

The Cliff Notes version I heard was that he was in trouble for the bartenders having the place shut down and still drinking then not letting the police in. Yesterday, I got the details. Apparently, this is Skippy's 3rd violation with the commission and here's the story: a couple of cops, who happened to be in the area investigating a robbery, noticed an awful lot of cars out in front of the place at 5 a.m. when closing time is 2 a.m. So they look in the window and what do they see? The two bartenders standing by the jukebox with a naked woman between them. The "owner" of course wasn't there because he was shacking up with the skank du jour.

Why am I bitter? Because this is what all the hard work and sacrifice has become. Nothing better than a two-bit dive bar with a couple of losers in charge because the "owner" is trying to prove he's still a man by banging every skank that'll let him. Seven years down the drain because I married a moron with self-esteem issues.

As far as the pub goes, it's finished. They have a three strike rule and I feel fairly confident they'll revoke the liquor license. So because of 3 idiots, the place is done. By the way, did the "owner" fire these two? Nope. Just saw one's car out front (the other one doesn't drive due to being a repeated DUI offender). Why not? Because they're "his family."* Well I hope his "family" will support him when he's homeless, jobless, and broke because I'm not. I have no time for men who expect others to support them because of piss poor decisions they've made.

(*Actual quote)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ultimately, the marriage was set to destruct courtesy of STBX's little mid-life crisis and the pub was just the catalyst. With no pub, he would have found another reason, another "out". I'm a firm believer in what is meant to happen, happens - that's just my $0.02.

But it is rather disgusting to watch someone run something with such promise right into the ditch. All for...*gag*..."family".