Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Russia Invades Georgia

I realize this is old news but when I first saw it I was stunned. I thought, "The Russians are invading Georgia? From where? Tennessee? Alabama? When will Atlanta fall? How did Russian troops get here anyway?" Then I realized they meant the former Soviet satellite state of Georgia and was relieved that the Braves would be allowed to at least finish the regular season.

Anyway, what the hell is up with this? Why hasn't the UN squawked louder? If we invaded Canada or Mexico, we'd never hear the end of it but somehow it's okay for the Russians to just declare war on a neighboring state. If the US is really an ally of Georgia, why the hell hasn't NATO conducted airstrikes on Soviet....er...I mean, Russian convoys? Yes, that would escalate things but the last thing we need is for Russia to think they can do whatever the hell they want. I mean, Bush is over in China having photo ops with the US Women's beach volleyball team while Russia is leveling towns. I know he's a lame duck but come on, GW. Now even I think you're an idiot.

1 comment:

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Europe isn't going to squak too loudly. Mother Russia is going to be supplying most of their energy needs,and the eunichs know this. I found it funny that the dimwitted governor of Virginia saw fit to mouth off about how happy he was that the President of Russia saw fit to listen to and comply with the directives of the Obamessiah to stop the violence.