Sunday, August 24, 2008

Screwed

By my real estate agent. Seems said agent sorta forgot that my sister is an agent with the same company in Florida. Imagine my sister's surprise when her broker told her that the word on the street is that I'm a deadbeat loser who can't pay the mortgage and the house won't sell anyway 'cause it's over-priced and the market sucks. Color me surprised because my agent never mentioned any of that to me. Oh and my house is listed at $21k under the appraisal. My sister kindly informed said broker that I'm not a deadbeat but an attorney in the middle of a divorce.

The extra-screwed bonus comes from the fact that had I known my agent wasn't actually trying to sell my house but only humoring me, I wouldn't have agreed to give Stubby the house or agree to a deed in lieu. I would have cut a deal with the mortgage company and rented the place out. Now I'm hosed because she was playing me.

God, I hate my ex. And my agent. Seriously.

3 comments:

KurtP said...

So, is the agent going to get a surprise from the lawer about ...like not putting forth due effort? And is the Lawer going to have something to say about Libel in a nice letter to said agaents mother company?

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

Sounds actionable to me. Teaching her an expensive lesson might make her a better agent or force her to seek another line of work, either way, I think it is a win.

Deadman said...

Sounds like justifiable homicide on both counts...