Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Kids Got Arrested While I Was At a Gun Show

The love of my life and I went to the world's biggest gun show today (I kid you not). He bought a bayonet. There was a mass of humanity there the likes of which I've not seen before, even at a concert. Plenty of signs marking, "Obama Specials" were had but obviously they marked up the goods to get the most before Obama scraps the 2nd Amendment. Anyhoo, he and I are now official members of the NRA. I'm thinking of putting the sticker on the back of the Jag. How's that for a statement.

Prior to us going to said gun show, I dropped my kids off at the old neighborhood to play with friends. I thought it was no big thing. The older one called me a little after 2pm to ask when I would be there. I said I was on my way and he said they were in the backyard of said friend's house. 10 minutes later I get a call from Officer Trudy Weigel. She called to inform me that they had my sons because they decided to break into our old house and that because I still own said house, they would not be charged. Well, technically it ain't breaking and entering either. However, I wasn't going to argue with her.

We beat feet over to the old house where we saw TWO police cars in front of the house. TWO for a 14 and 12 year old who only weigh 90 pounds each (if that). The older one was sitting on the porch in PINK HANDCUFFS while his younger brother stood by. Now, really. Was this necessary? Granted they're in a sh*tload of trouble but still. Apparently, the idiot City Manager who lives across the street called the cops. He can bite my ass along with everyone else in that neighborhood. It doesn't excuse the two freakin' rocket scientists I have for offspring (especially since I told them DO NOT GO INTO THE OLD HOUSE).

So that was my Saturday.

No comments: