Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Election and Everything After

We lost. It's time to move on. I'm on hiatus from all things political for awhile.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Lewis Carroll

Honestly, I'm worn out. I'm worn out from the election, my job, my health and just this entire year. So the time has come to talk of many things. The holidays are approaching and I refuse to spend another holiday season in misery. I did schedule a day off the Wednesday before Thanksgiving as well as Christmas week. The boss will have to get over it. I want to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas for a change. Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from today and Christmas is like 43 days away.

I suggest my friends and family do likewise. Life is too short to dwell on crap you can't change. And if it's something you CAN change, then change it. No point in being miserable for the rest of your life.

No comments: