Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Time to Take Our Country Back

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of the way things are going in this country. We have a government that doesn't listen to us as evidenced by the fact that the Senate is now taking up the Welfare for Wall Street bill. I guess they think they have a better shot at passing it. Do not allow the fact that the Dow dropped 700 points on Monday to scare you into submission. The government does not need to buy up bad debts from mortgage companies. They made the decision to lend to people who could not afford it and now they have to deal with it.

I am also tired of the Dems blatant attempt to steal this election. They firmly believe that Obama is the Messiah and they are "entitled" to be in power. This should scare anyone with an ounce of common sense.

I'm tired of the "me" society we live in that has caused this mess. No, we aren't "entitled" to have houses we can't afford. We earn them. We aren't "entitled" to earn a high income. We put ourselves through school and bust our asses to earn it. We aren't "entitled" to respect. We earn that too. I see this mentality a lot with other parents and my own children. Society is so "me"-based that immediate gratification takes precedence over everything else. So it's time to put our country back the way we found it. We need to make sacrifices for the common good and not worry so much about what's in it for us.

No comments: