Saturday, October 4, 2008

Still Broke

Jeez, I hate being broke on the weekend. I know, whine....whine...whine. Seriously, I'm in danger of losing my job which is fine. I hate it anyway. I guess we'll have to learn to live on less income. To quote my dad, "I've been poor....and I've been rich...." Obviously, rich is better but there's a lot of crap that has to go with it. Crap like...."billable hours." God, I hate the legal profession just for that. Imagine, in your job, that you had to account for everything you do. EVERY...SINGLE...MINUTE...OF...THE...DAY...HAS...TO...BE...ACCOUNTED...FOR.

In other news, the Feds passed the Welfare for Wall Street bill which gives ME NO MONEY IN MY POCKET. No, I'm not bitter but I'm tired of being taxed to death to pay for other people's screw ups. So I feel no pity for banks who decided to lend to people who couldn't afford a mortgage. No one (except my sis) is helping me out so why should First National Bank of Whatever get money?

On the plus side, the new man in my life and I are madly in love. That's pretty much the only high point. Oh sure, we fuss at each other but hell, in his terms, he never promised me a rose garden. He's still the bestest man I've ever been involved with. Yes, you may puke now.

Anyway, I'm moving again in a few weeks to a one-story house since the stairs are killing my knees. Eventually, I'll get my shit together. However, I haven't tried to off myself or been committed so I think I'm doing pretty well, all things considered.

No comments: