Saturday, March 21, 2009

Poll Time

Okay, boys and girls, it's time for another, "Let's tell Folly what to do with her life." This involves my old house. Here's the deal. Since I lost my 6 figure job in February, I've been doing family law to keep going. The downside is that it doesn't pay jack. My old boss promise me 6 months of pay at $3k/month to do some research for him but I haven't gotten any new projects which means that little gig may be over.

Anyway, I'm behind on the rent and can't afford where I am. My thought is to move back into my old house since the bank can't figure out what to do with it and the IRS slapped a lien on it for $15k. However, my real estate agent is giving me shit over it, saying that if we don't sell it this month it goes back on the auction block in April.

So here's the poll: Should I move into my old house and hope they don't sell it out from under me or move on down the road and hope I can figure out how to pay rent?

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Move to the old house first and try to figure out a way to swing keeping it. You can always move on after that. Best to try and swing keeping the house.